[ensembl-dev] Gene Synonyms through REST or Biomart

Premanand Achuthan prem at ebi.ac.uk
Tue May 22 11:17:21 BST 2018

Hi Beat Wolf,

The synonyms is not always empty. If the external source has synonyms,
then it should be available, for example look at HGNC

{"display_id": "BRCA2","primary_id": "HGNC:1101","version":
"0","description": "BRCA2, DNA repair associated","dbname":
"HGNC","synonyms":
["BRCC2","FACD","FAD","FAD1","FANCD","FANCD1","XRCC11"],"info_text":
"Generated via ensembl_manual","info_type": "DIRECT","db_display_name":
"HGNC Symbol"}

I am afraid that at the moment you can do it only gene by gene via the
REST endpoint or via the core API.

Thanks
Prem