[ensembl-dev] gnomAD MAFs not returned over the REST API for some variants

Helen Schuilenburg helens at ebi.ac.uk
Thu May 17 17:05:08 BST 2018

Hi Jonathan

The VEP REST endpoint only returns the gnomAD exome frequency data. It
does not return the gnomAD genome frequency data.

That is the reason you are not getting gnomAD frequency data for
rs901011140.

The gnomAD exome and genome frequency data is available using the
Ensembl browser and the Perl API.

Population allele frequencies are available using the Variation REST
endpoint but currently does not include gnomAD frequencies.

https://grch37.rest.ensembl.org/documentation/info/variation_id
https://grch37.rest.ensembl.org/variation/human/rs116035550?content-type=application/json;pops=1

We are planning to include gnomAD frequency data in the Variation REST
endpoint in the next release of the REST API.

Regards
Helen