[ensembl-dev] VEP segmentation fault error

Rehaman ensemblfan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 14:21:03 GMT 2018

Dear Laurent,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I am able to use  --custom annotation
feature without errors now. And I had tried with --keep_csq option too.

Now I want to add dbNSFP annotations using dbNSFP plugin. As per
documentation I installed plugins and downloaded dbNSP files.

Here is my command:

*vep -i  examples/homo_sapiens_GRCh37.vcf -cache --offline --dir
ensembl-vep/cache --assembly GRCh37 --plugin
dbNSFP,dbNSFP3.3a.txt.gz,hg19_chr,genename,cds_strand,refcodon,codonpos,codon_degeneracy,Ancestral_allele,AltaiNeandertal,Denisova,Ensembl_geneid,Ensembl_transcriptid,Ensembl_proteinid,aapos,SIFT_score,SIFT_converted_rankscore,SIFT_pred,Uniprot_acc_Polyphen2*

And I am getting below error:

*Use of uninitialized value $readme_file in concatenation (.) or string at
/gpfs/software/genomics/vep/ensembl-vep/cache/Plugins/dbNSFP.pm line 157.*
*Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at
/gpfs/software/genomics/vep/ensembl-vep/cache/Plugins/dbNSFP.pm line 197.*

I come across below post related to this plugin and it was mentioned like
dbNSFP plugin is only compatible with GRCh38 build. And I am working on
GRCh37.

*http://lists.ensembl.org/pipermail/dev/2016-February/011680.html
<http://lists.ensembl.org/pipermail/dev/2016-February/011680.html>*

Could you please suggest me how to proceed further.

Thanks In Advance
Fazulur Rehaman