[ensembl-dev] New VEP endpoint

Andrew Parton aparton at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jul 18 11:39:00 BST 2018

Hi,

Gnomad exome is used for the VEP endpoint. REST VEP relies on a cache, and as such has associated limitations as outlined here: https://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/tools/vep/script/vep_cache.html#cache <https://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/tools/vep/script/vep_cache.html#cache>.

The populations that show up in the VEP endpoint are the ones isolated using the VEP flags —af_gnomad and —af_1kg as defined in https://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/tools/vep/script/vep_options.html <https://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/tools/vep/script/vep_options.html#basic>. Currently, the ALL population is not included, however this is an idea worth considering for a future release. Thank you for the suggestion.

Kind Regards,
Andrew