[ensembl-dev] Gerp conservatioon scores & gerp neutral evolution scores

Matthieu Muffato muffato at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Feb 22 15:00:55 GMT 2018

Hi Christian

First, note that we are using Gerp 2.1, not gerp++

The score shown in the alignment file is the difference between the
observed conversation score and the expected one. The two values
original values are only available using the API

 From the per-column conservation scores, gerp also defines constrained
elements. They are available as BED files
ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/release-91/bed/ensembl-compara/11_teleost_fish.gerp_constrained_elements/
and with the Perl API, but only the latter enables access to the p-value

Matthieu