[ensembl-dev] GTEx REST data

Thomas Juettemann juettemann at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Feb 20 17:06:23 GMT 2018

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for your email. Having the allele’s added is a good idea, it is unfortunately not a quick thing to do and won’t be added quickly. We are currently working on a much more comprehensive eQTL resource which will contain all of GWAS and GTEx. It  should be available within 2 years, therefore we keep developing the current resource to a minimum. That said, we are committed to update our DB with GTEx v8, which should come out this summer.

In order to get the alleles for your rsids you could use the variation ID endpoint from GRCh37 (which was used by GTEx):
http://grch37.rest.ensembl.org/variation/human/rs6691927?content-type=application/json <http://grch37.rest.ensembl.org/variation/human/rs6691927?content-type=application/json>

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have further questions or comments.

All the best,
Thomas

—
Thomas Juettemann, PhD