[ensembl-dev] About Chr11 of human

Matthew Laird lairdm at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Nov 28 07:53:43 GMT 2017

Hello Kattina,

CHR_HSCHR11_1_CTG8 is an alternate scaffold in the reference genome. For
regions of high variation in the population the GRCh38 contains a number
of alternate loci to represent this. Whereas the gene you've found on
chromosome 11 is the version of that gene on the primary assembly.

I hope that answers your question, please let us know if you need any
further assistance.

On 27/11/17 18:30, Kattina Zavala wrote:
> Hi Ensembl team,
> I want to know the difference between Chr11 of human and Chromosome
> CHR_HSCHR11_1_CTG8, because when search DRD4 gene, I have 2 gene
> ensembl ID:
> ENSG00000276825 and ENSG00000069696.
>
> Thank you very much in advance,
>
> Kattina
> --
> Kattina Zavala
> Bioquímico
> Instituto de Cs. Ambientales y Evolutivas
> Universidad Austral de Chile
> Teléfono: +56 9 8279 4985

Matthew Laird - Ensembl Core Developer
The European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI)
Wellcome Genome Campus
Hinxton, Cambridge
CB10 1SD, United Kingdom
Tel: +44-(0)1223-494274