[ensembl-dev] EmsemblID versus EntrezID issue for Bombus impatiens (a bumble bee)

Pimsler, Meaghan mlpimsler at ua.edu
Wed Nov 15 21:05:46 GMT 2017

Hello-

I am hoping someone can help me resolve this issue.

Specifically, I am looking to find a way to cross-reference EnsemblID numbers with EntrezID numbers, and thus far am having a very difficult time; only 13 of the EntrezID’s have an association with and EnsemblID for the species Bombus impatiens.

I am working on a transcriptome project using the Bombus impatiens genome, a metazoan Hymenoptera (http://metazoa.ensembl.org/Bombus_impatiens/Info/Annotation/#genebuild).

I have done all of my alignments and and count-calling using the genome version available for download from NCBI (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/genome/3415?genome_assembly_id=34508, specifically the Bombus impatiens 2.0 genome assembly and associated GFF.) This genome assembly is (or should be) the same version available at the above Ensembl link.

The Ensemble version says that the BIMP_2.0 assembly used came from BeeBase. However, the only version of Bombus impatiens genome available on BeeBase is v1.0.

Best,
Meaghan Pimsler

Meaghan Pimsler, PhD
Postdoctoral Researcher

Department of Biological Sciences
The University of Alabama
1316 SEC Box 870344, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487
Office: +1 (205) 348-6182
Fax:  +1 (205) 348-1786
mlpimsler at ua.edu<mailto:mlpimsler at ua.edu>