[ensembl-dev] Error when trying to access SNPs

Lee Stopak lee.stopak at ada.com
Thu May 11 17:56:22 BST 2017

Hi all,

I have just installed BioPerl to use Ensembl API to access SNP information
that I need for a project that I am working on. I have followed all the
prompts, and am trying to use the sample code to access variants, using the
‘fetch_by_name’ function. However, I am getting an error response:

Can't call method "fetch_by_name" on an undefined value

Many other functions are working and running, for example getting by
chromosome ID. Can somebody give me some advice on why this is happening?

Thank you,

Lee