[ensembl-dev] Using current VEP versions with old caches

John M.C. Ma manchunjohn-ma at uiowa.edu
Thu Mar 2 20:58:03 GMT 2017

Hi all,

To put it simply, does modern versions of VEP (85, 86 or 87 are fine)
work with the old VEP cache archives from the Ensembl FTP site?

Specifically, my collaborator have some data that would preferably be
analyzed with mm9, and the last Ensembl release with this assembly is
e67. While I haven't attempted to run VEP with this cache, my attempt
in using convert_cache.pl in VEP85 or 86 failed.

So, can anyone confirm whether I can use an old VEP cache with a newer
VEP or not? Thanks!

Cheers,

John MC Ma
Postdoctoral Fellow
Department of Lymphoma/Myeloma
University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Houston, Texas, USA