[ensembl-dev] prerequisites for Bio-DB-HTS

Mahmood Naderan mahmood.nt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 11:13:01 BST 2017

OK. I installed Module::Build and its dependency ExtUtils::CBuilder with
the yum command!

yum install perl-Module-Build perl-ExtUtils-CBuilder

Still the command 'perl Build.PL' complains about Bio::Root::Version.
Unfortunately, that is not available on the yum repositories and I have to
manually install it!

As I run 'cpan Bio::Root::Version', it complains about DBD::SQLite,
Bio::DB::GFF, LWP::UserAgent and other things...

My serious question is that, why it doesn't download the packages
automatically? it is a pain then!

Regards,
Mahmood