[ensembl-dev] Errors in minor allele and ancestral allele

Emily Perry emily at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Jul 21 12:51:08 BST 2017

Hi Lee

Another place I think you might have gotten mixed up is the reference
allele. The reference allele is the allele found in the reference
genome. It is neither necessarily the major allele or the ancestral
(though it often is). For rs7636839 the reference allele is A because
that's what was found in the reference genome.

All the best

Emily