[ensembl-dev] [VEP] Bogus annotation in variant from Cosmic

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Jan 30 16:02:16 GMT 2017

There does seem to be a bug in the cdna coordinate reporting in the JSON
output, I'll take a look at this.

Assuming you have API access, you can get the CDS start and end relative to
the CDS from the transcript object [1]. From within a plugin, this would
look something like:

sub run {
  my ($self, $tva) = @_;

  my $tr = $tva->transcript;
  my $cds_cdna_start = $tr->cdna_coding_start();

  # etc
}

Regards

Will