[ensembl-dev] VEP not returning results

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jan 11 10:30:24 GMT 2017

Hi Pankaj,

There's an error in one of your HGVS inputs, but apart from this I see the
expected results for all three notations.

The correct one for the chromosomal location should be:

17:g.7676115_7676116delGG

You must use "g." for chromosomal coordinates, and provide the sequence on
the forward strand, so GG instead of CC. I've attached a screenshot of the
results I get when I use the instant VEP function on this input.

You will see many results because the TP53 gene has a large number of
alternate transcripts [1]. You may ask VEP to select one of these by
choosing the option "Select one selected consequence per variant" in the
"Restrict results" field of the Filtering section on the VEP web interface.

Regards

Will McLaren
Ensembl Variation

[1] :