[ensembl-dev] Variation beyond the gene range

Sarah Hunt seh at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Dec 13 13:54:25 GMT 2017

Hi Mahmood,

It is not clear how you obtained the file you are refering to. If this
is output from VEP, by default we report variants within 5000 bases
upstream and downstream of a transcript, so check the consequence type
reported. You can modify this distance with the --distance option in the
script and with similar options through the web and REST interfaces.

Best wishes,

Sarah