[ensembl-dev] Quality of studies/papers

Lee Stopak lee.stopak at ada.com
Thu Aug 17 13:10:09 BST 2017

Hi Ibere,

I am not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but it may be of
use.

You can search in another database, disgenet.org. It is quite a beautiful
database that is proving scores, indicating the amount of existing
literature supporting a particular gene-disease association, or a
variant-disease association. It also provides an index that, the evidence
index, which shows how much conflicting information exists about said
associations.

For papers, you can always look it up on google scholar, and it usually
mentions how many times it has been cited. This is not exactly accurate but
it can be an indicator of how highly regarded a study is.

Good luck!