[ensembl-dev] An error of installation Ensembl VEP on Fedora 26

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Apr 5 14:06:21 BST 2017

Hello,

This indicates you are missing the IO::Uncompress::Gunzip module;
surprising as it is a core module (installed by default) in more modern
perl distributions [1].

I'll patch a fix to the ensembl-vep repository, but you can fix the error
now by installing the module in question.

Regards

Will McLaren
Ensembl Variation

[1] : http://perldoc.perl.org/IO/Uncompress/Gunzip.html