[ensembl-dev] Transitory problems on Ensembl REST server

Kieron Taylor ktaylor at ebi.ac.uk
Thu May 26 11:52:49 BST 2016

Dear Paolo,

Thank you for reporting your troubles. The LD endpoint is rather fragile but we are working to improve it in future releases. The style and scope of the LD computation does not lend itself to our web architecture, so we're trying hard to make it reliable. We've been forced to drop the LD window size limits, but you can still trigger occasional 400 errors. Keep an eye on our changelog and do keep reporting bugs.

Regarding getting different results for the same query, some patches have been applied to the servers this morning. Can you attempt to reproduce your differing species results? I believe one of the servers was out of step with the others.

Regards,

Kieron

Kieron Taylor PhD.
Ensembl Developer