[ensembl-dev] difference behaviour of fetch_by_region in GRCh37 and GRCH38

Duarte Molha duartemolha at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 10:49:35 GMT 2016

Hi Devs

I was just wondering why a strange behavior is different between the GRCH37
database and GRCh38 using the same API

I am currently using APIv83 and when I connect to my local GRCh37 database,
the method:

my $slice_targeted = $slice_adaptor->fetch_by_region( 'chromosome', $chr,
$start, $end, $strand);

fails if $chr contains the prefix "chr" like in chr22
but it works fine against my also local GRCh38 database

since they are both using the same api should the behavior not be the same?

Best regards

Duarte