[ensembl-dev] mfa genome cache

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Mar 21 15:40:40 GMT 2016

Hi Roland,

We're not producing caches for pre! species at the moment.

You can generate your own from the GTF and FASTA files using gtf2vep.pl

http://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/tools/vep/script/vep_cache.html#gtf
ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/pre/gtf/macaca_fascicularis/
ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/pre/fasta/dna/macaca_fascicularis/ (you need
Macaca_fascicularis.MacFas_5.0.76.dna.toplevel.fa.gz)

You can try using the RefSeq GFF but historically this has proved
problematic for our parser.

Regards

Will McLaren
Ensembl Variation