[ensembl-dev] mupltiple (superfluous) ensembl gene IDs for single gene

Matthew Laird lairdm at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jun 23 10:28:29 BST 2016

Hello Jason,

Due to how multiple sources are used to annotate entries in Ensembl,
these sort of situations can occur. I've spoken to the gene build team
and they are aware of the overlapping transcripts causing this duplicate
naming. It's too late for the upcoming 85 release but this will be
corrected for the 86 release due out at the end of summer. Please let us
know if you have any further questions or concerns.