[ensembl-dev] Rest service gives no result for approved gene symbol (CARMIL2)

mag mr6 at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jun 14 09:52:07 BST 2016

Hi Erik,

The gene set available on GRCh37 was frozen in March 2014.
This means that all data provided there has not been updated since.
Our gene ENSG00000159753 is mapped to the HGNC entry HGNC:27089
http://www.genenames.org/cgi-bin/gene_symbol_report?hgnc_id=27089

However, at the time this data was processed, the officially approved
symbol was RLTPR.
In fact, it was still the officially approved symbol when we last
updated our link to HGNC for release 84.
http://www.ensembl.org/Homo_sapiens/Gene/Summary?db=core;g=ENSG00000159753;r=16:67644919-67657569
CARMIL2 is currently available as a synonym and will be the officially
approved symbol in our new release, 85, on assembly GRCh38.

Hope that helps,
Magali