[ensembl-dev] querry about rest API, single nucleic coordinate for amino acid

Kieron Taylor ktaylor at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jul 5 16:47:39 BST 2016

Dear Matiss,

The jump in coordinates is caused by the intron between the exons involved in this protein sequence.

http://grch37.ensembl.org/Homo_sapiens/Transcript/Exons?g=ENSG00000166147;r=15:48408306-48645849;t=ENST00000316623

The link shows the splicing pattern, and why there would be a jump in coordinates. The grey sections do not contribute directly to the final protein sequence. Biology is messy!

Regards,

Kieron

Kieron Taylor PhD.
Ensembl Developer