[ensembl-dev] Differences between Ensembl website and FTP

Greg Slodkowicz gregs at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jan 26 16:28:48 GMT 2016

Dear all,
I'm having some trouble matching the Ensembl gene trees available on the
FTP with what can be found on the Ensembl website. My protein of interest
is IGHG1 (ENSP00000374990). I've been using Ensembl version 78 and if I
look for that gene I can find it without any problems:
http://dec2014.archive.ensembl.org/Homo_sapiens/Gene/Summary?db=core;g=ENSG00000211896;r=14:105668113-106538344
.
The associated Ensembl gene tree is this one:
http://dec2014.archive.ensembl.org/Multi/GeneTree/Image?gt=ENSGT00530000063726

At the same time I cannot find this gene in the Compara.78.protein.nhx.emf
file available at
ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/release-78/emf/ensembl-compara/homologies/ What
could account for this discrepancy?

Many thanks,
Greg