[ensembl-dev] How to check which Human genome build?

Christian Cole (Staff) C.Cole at dundee.ac.uk
Tue Feb 16 12:23:14 GMT 2016

Hi,

I've just noticed that the GRCh37 perl API connection is only maintained for the current and previous release. Connecting to the GRCh37 port of 3306 on any other releases gives you GRCh38 data with no warning.

How do I find out explicitly which human genome build I'm using without assuming the port connection gives me what I want?

Also, would it be possible to report a warning that although I'm connecting to port 3306 via an older release, the data is still GRCh38?

Many thanks,

Chris

--
Dr Christian Cole
Co-ordinator, The Data Analysis Group

The Barton Group

Division of Computational Biology, School of Life Sciences,

University of Dundee, Dundee, UK.

Tel:+44 1382 388721

http://www.compbio.dundee.ac.uk/dag.html

twitter: @drchriscole