[ensembl-dev] VEP maf problems with certain variants

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Aug 31 16:22:17 BST 2016

What is "correct" depends what you're interested in - do you want to know
the frequency of the non-reference or just the rarest allele?

In either case the REST response contains the observed alleles
(allele_string) so you can in theory deduce the "other" frequency easily
enough, though there is a chance you may run into difficulties for those
(rare) variants with more than two alleles.

This is currently the best place to keep track of developments; you can
also track commits to the ensembl-variation and ensembl-tools repos on
GitHub.

Regards

Will