[ensembl-dev] VEP "--pick_order" issue

FERRARI Anthony anthony.ferrari at lyon.unicancer.fr
Thu Aug 11 17:28:53 BST 2016

I am afraid this might not be the only problem. I have now installed "homo_sapiens_refseq/85_GRCh38”
and run :

/data-ddn/software/VEP/ensembl-tools-release-85/scripts/variant_effect_predictor/variant_effect_predictor.pl \
--force_overwrite \
--refseq \
--fork 4 \
--buffer_size 50000 \
--dir ensembl-tools-release-85/scripts/variant_effect_predictor/cache \
--cache \
--offline \
--no_stats \
--species homo_sapiens \
--assembly GRCh38 \
--fasta /references/human_g1k_v38.fasta \
--variant_class \
--canonical \
--polyphen b --sift b \
--total_length \
--numbers \
--hgvs \
--appris \
--protein \
--symbol \
--biotype \
--check_existing \
--pick_order refseq,appris,tsl,ccds,biotype \
--flag_pick \
--format vcf \
--input_file input.vcf \
--vcf \
--output_file out.vcf

The APPRIS data is still missing/not used.
I have attached the sample VCFs to reproduce the test. There are only 3 lines.

For instance in the first line (gene ZBBX), the annotation block selected is the one for NM_001199201.1
whereas this should be the one for NM_024687.3 if we refer to this webpage : http://appris.bioinfo.cnio.es/#/database/id/homo_sapiens/79740?as=hg38&sc=refseq

Moreover the —appris flag produces no data in the VCF.

Best regards,
Anthony