[ensembl-dev] Connect to another Ensembl Release via REST API

mag mr6 at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Sep 16 13:09:52 BST 2015

Hi Fin,

The REST API only provides access to the current live release.
Support for archives is something we are looking into, but I cannot as
yet tell you when or how this will become available.

We do have a second server alongside http://rest.ensembl.org, which is
http://grch37.rest.ensembl.org
Like the main server, it only supports the current release, but provides
access to human GRCh37, rather than the more recent GRCh38 assembly.

Regards,
Magali