[ensembl-dev] Rest

mag mr6 at ebi.ac.uk
Wed May 13 16:42:41 BST 2015

Hi Igo,

What type of information are you looking for?

We have a user guide, available on:
https://github.com/Ensembl/ensembl-rest/wiki
It describes the general structure of the REST server and contains
examples on how to write a client to retrieve data.

The REST server itself has documentation for each endpoint, detailing
what data can be retrieved as well as additional parameters available.
See for example:
http://rest.ensembl.org/documentation/info/overlap_id

If you are interested in more detailed information on the underlying
databases, the REST server is based on our Perl API and its MySQL schema
This is documented on our main website, for example
http://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/api/variation/variation_schema.html
for the Variation schema
or
http://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/api/core/core_tutorial.html
for information on some of the data provided.

If this does not answer your question, please let us know in more detail
what type of information your are looking for.

Regards,
Magali