[ensembl-dev] Get transcripts for a given exon

Kieron Taylor ktaylor at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Mar 4 15:34:24 GMT 2015

Dear Luke,

You have quite justifiably not noticed the TranscriptAdaptor->fetch_all_by_exon_stable_id() method. That is provided you have the Ensembl stable IDs…

You might do something like:

my $adaptor = $registry->get_adaptor($species,’core’,Transcript);
foreach my $exon (@list_of_exons) {
  my $transcripts = $adaptor->fetch_all_by_exon_stable_id($exon->stable_id);
  … act on transcript list here
}

Regards,

Kieron