[ensembl-dev] Ensembl VM version 80

Genomeo Dev genomeodev at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 12:59:40 BST 2015

Dear all,

Any help with this error?

I have downloaded Ensembl VM version 80. When I run verify-installation
script, I get the following error:

ensembl at ensembl:~$ ./verify-installation
ERROR: Error detected when connecting to Ensembl!
If the problem persists please send the following error message to
helpdesk at ensembl.org
Bio/EnsEMBL/ApiVersion.pm did not return a true value at
/home/ensembl/ensembl-api-folder/ensembl/modules/Bio/EnsEMBL/Utils/Exception.pm
line 103.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/home/ensembl/ensembl-api-folder/ensembl/modules/Bio/EnsEMBL/Utils/Exception.pm
line 103.
Compilation failed in require at
/home/ensembl/ensembl-api-folder/ensembl/modules/Bio/EnsEMBL/Root.pm line
72.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/home/ensembl/ensembl-api-folder/ensembl/modules/Bio/EnsEMBL/Root.pm line
72.
Compilation failed in require at
/home/ensembl/ensembl-api-folder/ensembl/modules/Bio/EnsEMBL/DBSQL/DBConnection.pm
line 73.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/home/ensembl/ensembl-api-folder/ensembl/modules/Bio/EnsEMBL/DBSQL/DBConnection.pm
line 73.
Compilation failed in require at
/home/ensembl/ensembl-api-folder/ensembl/modules/Bio/EnsEMBL/DBSQL/DBAdaptor.pm
line 68.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/home/ensembl/ensembl-api-folder/ensembl/modules/Bio/EnsEMBL/DBSQL/DBAdaptor.pm
line 68.
Compilation failed in require at
/home/ensembl/ensembl-api-folder/ensembl/modules/Bio/EnsEMBL/Registry.pm
line 136.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/home/ensembl/ensembl-api-folder/ensembl/modules/Bio/EnsEMBL/Registry.pm
line 136.
Compilation failed in require at ./verify-installation line 117.

Thanks,

--
G.