[ensembl-dev] VEP 79 API problems

Guillermo Marco Puche guillermo.marco at sistemasgenomicos.com
Mon Jun 8 16:43:44 BST 2015

Hello Will,

I've currently installed Perl 5.14.4 and seems to be working good. I
also tried 5.22(released a few days) but I had a lot of troubles with
many CPAN modules.

*I only get warnings when using local cache (VEP 79 GrCH38 cache)*.
Cache is indexed cache with convert_cache.pl script.
I'm trying with both example files provided in ensembl-tools and I'm
getting the following warnings:

Argument "-/C" isn't numeric in numeric eq (==) at /share/apps/src/ensembl_79-variation/modules/Bio/EnsEMBL/Variation/Utils/VEP.pm line 5854.

Regards,
Guillermo.