[ensembl-dev] VEP 79 API problems

Guillermo Marco Puche guillermo.marco at sistemasgenomicos.com
Wed Jun 3 16:16:28 BST 2015

Dear devs,

I'm trying ensembl 79 VEP.

This is my dummy input VCF: http://pastebin.com/kFKWH50q#

I've cloned and installed API from github as always (this step is
repeated for variaton, funcgen and compara):

  * git clone --branch release/79 https://github.com/Ensembl/ensembl.git
    ensembl_79

PERL5LIB env variable is correctly pointing to the cloned API:

  * echo $PERL5LIB
    /share/apps/local/bioperl-live:/share/apps/src/ensembl_79/modules:/share/apps/src/ensembl_79-compara/modules:/share/apps/src/ensembl_79-variation/modules:/share/apps/src/ensembl_79-functgenomics/modules

However I'm getting a lot of errors I really don't understand. It seems
like a bug with API installation with me. If I change $PERL5LIB variable
to point to 75 API (previous version I was using) I can't reproduce the
errors VEP script works for this old 75 version.

I've been reading the docs again and I can't seen any additional PERL
library requirement.

Here's the error log: http://pastebin.com/VvQrkEQZ

Thank you!

Best regards,