[ensembl-dev] VEP reporting HGVS format for an insertion without 3' shifting across tandem repeat

Ullman-Cullere, Mollie MULLMANCULLERE at PARTNERS.ORG
Wed Jul 8 15:51:23 BST 2015

Question:
If --shift_hgvs works in VEPv79, is it on by default, as it is with VEPv80?
We’re running v79 without this flag and want to confirm that we’ll not see the shift.

Thanks in advance,
Mollie

Mollie Ullman-Cullere
Sr. Clinical Bioinformaticist
Clinical and Translational Informatics
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute/Partners Healthcare
Cell: 617-817-1496

From: dev-bounces at ensembl.org [mailto:dev-bounces at ensembl.org] On Behalf Of Cyriac Kandoth
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2015 3:21 PM
To: Ensembl developers list
Cc: Ahmet Zehir; Nikolaus D. Schultz; Wang, Qingguo/Sloan Kettering Institute
Subject: Re: [ensembl-dev] VEP reporting HGVS format for an insertion without 3' shifting across tandem repeat

Thanks. --shift_hgvs works in VEP v79, but note that it was not listed in the documentation:
http://mar2015.archive.ensembl.org/info/docs/tools/vep/script/vep_options.html#basic

The annotation for the VCF variant below, changed from p.Ala771_Tyr772insTyrValMetAla to p.Tyr772_Ala775dup... and we prefer the latter. Thanks so much!
17 37880984 . A ATACGTGATGGCT . . .

~Cyriac