[ensembl-dev] VEP fungi

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Jan 30 14:22:44 GMT 2015

Dear Olivier,

Yes, it is possible to run VEP on any species in the Ensembl or Ensembl
Genomes collections. Downloadable cache datasets may not be available for
all species (someone in the e!Genomes team can clarify this), but you can
use the public database server in place, e.g.

perl variant_effect_predictor.pl -database -genomes -species
aspergillus_nidulans -i input.vcf [etc]

(-database tells VEP to use the database, -genomes is a shortcut providing
the e!Genomes public server details)

Regards

Will McLaren
Ensembl Variation