[ensembl-dev] Discrepancies for rat gene Hps1

Daniel Barrell dbarrell at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Jan 9 11:07:01 GMT 2015

Dear Man Chun John Ma,

Currently we are running our gene annotation system on the new rat
assembly, Rnor_6.0. I've checked and the cDNA BC099744.1 has aligned in
the correct position on chromosome 1 (as it was in e69). This was also
the case in Rnor_5.0, however, when choosing one evidence set over
another it seems our choice meant that Hps1 was removed and we ended up
with ENSRNOT00000021278. What we'll do is attach a flag to the
BC099744.1 alignment so that the Hps1 gene returns in the gene set for
Rnor_6.0, which we hope to release in e80.

Incidentally, we also now merge rat with manual annotation from the
HAVANA team. Manual annotation is favoured over automatic gene
annotation, therefore if the gene is manually annotated it will always
be displayed. I'll forward your email to the HAVANA team separately so
that they are aware of your interest in Hps1.

Regards,

Daniel Barrell