[ensembl-dev] Required to use --fasta flag with --refseq?

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Feb 4 09:23:14 GMT 2015

Hi Matt,

For the FASTA file to be found it needs to be in a specific directory,
namely [cache_dir]/[species]/[version]_[assembly]/ where [cache_dir]
defaults to $HOME/.vep/

For the refseq cache, the species name is altered to be e.g.
homo_sapiens_refseq/75/ ; the merged cache is similarly named
homo_sapiens_merged.

You should be able to symlink the files from your non-RefSeq homo_sapiens
cache;

ln -s [cache_dir]/homo_sapiens/75/*.fa* [cache_dir]/homo_sapiens_refseq/75/

HTH

Will McLaren
Ensembl Variation