[ensembl-dev] VEP: minimal representation

Joseph A Prinz jp102 at duke.edu
Mon Aug 17 16:20:53 BST 2015

Hi Ensembl-dev!

I am curious to know how VEP handles annotating multiple alternative alleles when processing a VCF file. Specifically, I am interested in knowing more about the workings of the ExAC plugin in this regard; but more broadly, I am interested to know how VEP deals with the potential ambiguities inherent in dealing with VCF formatted multiple alternatives. Did I miss this in the documentation?

My apologies if this subject has been discussed before.

Thanks!
Joey