[ensembl-dev] Organellar genomes

Sam Seaver samseaver at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 07:04:44 BST 2015

I was browsing a few plant assembly pages such as this one:

http://plants.ensembl.org/Hordeum_vulgare/Info/Annotation/#assembly

Currently, the easiest way for me to find out whether a genome includes
either the mitochondrial or plastidial genome is to search the assembly
page for keywords such as 'plast' or 'mito'. In this manner, I can tell
that the plastid genome for Barley has been include, but the mitochondrial
genome hasn't (I'm not even sure if I can take the lack of information to
be a reliable indicator of the fact). Rice doesn't mention either, Wheat
mentions both, and so on.

Is it possible that a single page or set of statistics could be released
that gives one a definitive indication as to whether the genome for each
species also includes the plastid or mitochondrial genomes?

Thanks
Sam

--
Asst. Computational Scientist