[ensembl-dev] Human Genome Build 36 VEP cache

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Aug 10 10:01:22 BST 2015

Hi Luke,

It just so happens I kept a copy of our last 36 build around for a request
like this :-)

You can download the cache file from here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12936195/homo_sapiens_vep_54_NCBI36.tar.gz

After unpacking it in "$HOME/.vep", you will need to run VEP in offline
mode (--offline) and specify "--cache_version 54" to use it.

You will almost certainly find that a lot of options don't work or cause
VEP to crash, so use at your own risk, but it seems to work OK for basic
consequence types, which I assume is your use case.

$ echo "1 228912417 . A G" | perl variant_effect_predictor.pl
-cache_version 54 -offline -o stdout -no_stats | grep -v #
1_228912417_A/G 1:228912417     G       ENSG00000135744 ENST00000366667
Transcript      missense_variant        916     803     268     M/T
 aTg/aCg -       IMPACT=MODERATE;STRAND=-1

Regards

Will McLaren
Ensembl Variation