[ensembl-dev] Question regarding UTR retrieval from database

mr6 at ebi.ac.uk mr6 at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Apr 16 21:29:45 BST 2015

Hi Duarte,

You might find the get_all_translateable_Exons method useful.
http://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/Doxygen/core-api/classBio_1_1EnsEMBL_1_1Transcript.html#a17e718ddd3d054de7b358029e6d48d20

This would correspond to the get_coding_regions you are looking for, as
the exons returned are truncated to their coding region.
For the get_noncoding_regions however, you would need to look at all the
features from get_all_Exons that are not in get_all_translateable_Exons.

Hope that helps,
Magali