[ensembl-dev] How to retrieve "Age of Base" using a Perl API?

Tang, Haiming ningzhithm at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 21:56:27 BST 2014

HI, Stephen

I followed your instructions and got the bed file.

Column 4 appears to list the species for which that base is the same as in
human, since it looks like Hsap is in every line.  The number in square
brackets [] is just the number of species listed.

But the file doesn’t seem to give the age of the base.

For example: How to interpret Ggor-Hsap-Hsap-Pabe[4] in

"chrY 57107125 57107126 Ggor-Hsap-Hsap-Pabe[4] 120 30,30,255"?

Are Ggor and Hsap ancestral species?

Or Age of base is stored at somewhere else?

Thanks

Haiming