[ensembl-dev] How to retrieve "Age of Base" using a Perl API?

Stephen Fitzgerald stephenf at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Sep 26 10:47:49 BST 2014

Hi Haiming,
the compara API is used to retrieve information from the compara database.
However the "Age of Base" track is generated from a Bigbed binary file, so
it is not part of the compara database. The Bigbed file is generated from
a Bed file. I have transferred this Bed file (from release 76) to our ftp
site. You can retrieve this file using anonymous ftp from here:

ftp ftp.ebi.ac.uk

cd pub/software/ensembl/stephen/BaseAge/

get base_age_76.bed.gz

Hope this helps,
Stephen.