[ensembl-dev] BioMart Ensembl version

Guillermo Marco Puche guillermo.marco at sistemasgenomicos.com
Wed Sep 24 12:13:26 BST 2014

Dear Thomas,

I'm experiencing an error when querying to BioMart Ensembl 76 registry
for both clean/cached.
Using older Mart Registry to ensembl 75 registry  archive works for both
clean/cached.

     my $action='clean';

             my $initializer =
        BioMart::Initializer->new('registryFile'=>$confFile,
        'action'=>$action);
             my $registry = $initializer->getRegistry;

             my $query =
        BioMart::Query->new('registry'=>$registry,'virtualSchemaName'=>'default');

                 $query->setDataset("hsapiens_gene_ensembl");
                 if ( length($gene_name)==15 && substr($gene_name,0,4)
        eq "ENSG" ) { $query->addFilter("ensembl_gene_id", @{$gene}); }
                 else { $query->addFilter("hgnc_symbol", @{$gene}); }
                 if ($query_type eq "gene_info"){
                     #$query->addFilter("biotype", ["protein_coding"]);
                     $query->addAttribute("ensembl_gene_id");
                     $query->addAttribute("ensembl_transcript_id");
                     $query->addAttribute("chromosome_name");
        *$query->addAttribute("external_gene_id");*
                 }

Was this removed in Ensembl 76? Is there any documentation about BioMart
available queries per Ensembl release?

Thank you and sorry for spam, I never had this issues when changing
Ensembl previously.

Best regards,
Guillermo.