[ensembl-dev] Installing v76 to non-standard dir fails

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Sep 19 09:16:41 BST 2014

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the heads up on this; the test script is not using perl -I as it
should. I'll add a fix to the GitHub repo.

If you want to continue with the installer past the test, you can add your
dir to PERL5LIB with something like:

setenv PERL5LIB $PERL5LIB:/usr/sup/applications/vep

for csh/tcsh, or

export PERL5LIB=$PERL5LIB:/usr/sup/applications/vep

for a bash shell. If you rerun the installer (asking it not to install the
API) then it should pass the test OK.

Note that you should add these lines to your ~/.cshrc or ~/.bashrc files to
make the changes to $PERL5LIB persist next time you open a terminal.

Regards

Will McLaren
Ensembl Variation