[ensembl-dev] merging different compara masters

Lel Eory lel.eory at roslin.ed.ac.uk
Thu Sep 4 12:52:12 BST 2014

Hello Compara-team,

Can I merge two compara databases from different masters when the
reference genome is shared between the databases, but are represented
with different genome_db_ids?
In my case I use a compara master DB to keep track of my pairwise
alignments and I use Ensembl core chicken (Galgal4 with genome_db_id=1)
as a reference. In Ensembl compara there is the 4 sauropsids EPO
alignment which also has Ensembl core chicken in it (Galgal4 with
genome_db_id=142). The different genome_db_ids break the consistency
between the data-sets.

Is there a script I can use which would merge the data-sets and would
make the reference genome_db_id consistent for the alignments (e.g. set
the same reference genome_db_id for the LastZ and EPO species_sets,
dnafrags etc.), so that I would be able to use the merged data to create
the EPO_LOW_COVERAGE alignment?

Thank you.

Best wishes,
Lel

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.