[ensembl-dev] ID status type: Ensembl protists

swaraj basu projectbasu at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 18:42:11 GMT 2014

Dear All,

I noticed that a few genes (ex MAL7P1.61) in the ensembl protists *Plasmodium
falciparum *genome are classified as "protein coding", however they are
without a "protein product" and the CDS information states "non translating
CDS".

Since I am working with multiple protist genomes I am curious to know

- If such class of genes are a regular feature in multiple genomes
- If no protein product is assigned then the term protein coding appears
misleading in this case.

-Regards

--
Swaraj Basu
Post-doctoral fellow (Comparative Genomics)