[ensembl-dev] DNAMethylationFeature

njohnson njohnson at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Nov 27 14:34:40 GMT 2014

I should also say that these data are contained in flat files, and normally only used by the webcode to draw the methylation tracks. Hence to access them via the API you will need to have access to a copy of those files from our ftp site and add the following entry to the meta_table:

	insert into meta values(NULL, 1, 'dbfile.data_root', '/path/to/your/assembly/specific/data/dir/');

This is absent from the DB as it is normally over-ridden by the webcode, and would only contain something specific to our internal infrastructure which would be useless to other users.

In that directory you should have the dna_methylation_feature directory from our ftp site:

	ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/release-77/data_files/homo_sapiens/GRCh38/

I hope this helps.

Nathan Johnson

Ensembl Regulation
European Molecular Biology Laboratory