[ensembl-dev] DB connection and panic: sv_setpvn error

mag mr6 at ebi.ac.uk
Tue May 27 09:58:46 BST 2014

Hi Gang,

The panic: sv_setpvn error comes from the Encode::Byte module

This is a module maintained separately from Perl, which deals with
unicode/non-unicode mappings.
Typically, this error seems to happen when attempting to map a single
unicode character to a sequence of two non-unicode characters.

It is hard to trace back where the error originated, but my guess would
be that it is linked to some encoding/decoding your browser is
attempting to do.

Regards,
Magali