[ensembl-dev] DBD::mysql installation error

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Thu May 15 09:32:11 BST 2014

Hi there,

The error PL_thr_key seems to suggest that there is a threaded vs. non-threaded Perl issue going on here. Looking at the way the error is originating I would say that DBD::mysql has been compiled against a threaded Perl and is now being run against a non-threaded Perl. Did you start with a clean Ubuntu installation before rebuilding your environment? How have you done this?

Since you're on Ubuntu I would suggest using apt to get in these dependencies will result in a far better experience than trying to compile DBD::mysql. Ubuntu 14.04 seems to ship with 5.18.2 which, as far as I am aware, is compatible with Ensembl.

Best regards,

Andy

Andrew Yates - Ensembl Support Coordinator
European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Hinxton
Cambridge CB10 1SD